Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Time is Here!!!

Last Monday, Josh and I got our tree for Family Home Evening. I got off of work at 5:30, and the tree place closed at 6:00, so we had to rush to find the perfect tree. Ironically, the first tree we saw was the one we went home with. It took us about half an hour to realize that, but we were very pleased with it. We put it in the back seat of our car with the top hanging out the window a little bit. Josh carried it all by himself into the house. Once the tree was set up we began the festivities!!! Crackers and salami are a MUST in the Garbett family, so we continued that tradition. We also started our own tradition. We put the star on the Christmas tree first! That's right before the ornaments and lights. This was actually a really good thing because the tree top was too tall, so we had to trim it. This may have been difficult had the tree been covered in decorations. After about an hour, our tree was done, and we were full! It was such a wonderful night to begin our Christmas season!







We are hosting a Cookie exchange party at our church building on Dec. 16th. I started getting decorations and supplies for it today. I majorly hit the jackpot at the dollar store, and my creative juices started flowing. I made these centerpieces, and it only took me about a half hour to do both of them. My sister, Stacy made the invites for me, and I've already gotten so many compliments on them. I think I found my new favorite thing... Party Planning! I will be throwing more parties much more often. Of course, I should probably wait and see how this one turns out first.


1 comment:

  1. omgosh, your blog just makes me miss you so much!!! you guys are too cute together!!! & yes, party planning is the BESTTTTT! i am loving the centerpieces!!

    ReplyDelete