Monday, October 24, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin!!!

     Saturday we went to a pumpkin farm in Fort Collins, CO. It wasn't as fun as Bishop's Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland, CA (I don't think anything is), but it got the job done. There were a few animals such as, a pig, 2 goats, a mule, a rooster, and an emu (actually that is everything they had) . Although we could not touch or feed the animals, they kept us entertained for about 30 seconds. They had a tractor hay ride, a mountain of hay for kids to play on, and a corn maze. Oh, and let's not forget the pumpkin patch. We were planning to do the corn maze, but we forgot cash, and if we wanted to do that we would have had to pick our pumpkins first then write a check for both. However, I am stubborn, and I have a specific way of doing things. The pumpkin picking should ALWAYS be the final excursion during the pumpkin farm visit, so we skipped the corn maze altogether and just got our pumpkins. I think we picked very attractive pumpkins! After we picked our pumpkins, we started walking back to pay for them. Josh was so funny; every few steps he would stop and pick up another pumpkin and compare it to the one he already picked. In the end, he kept his original choice. It brought back memories of when I used to do that as a kid. He did well on his first pumpkin farm experience. :)









 Before we drove off, Josh buckled his pumpkin in the back seat. I put mine in the trunk. We hadn't even left the parking lot and I heard my pumpkin rolling around.  I got out and moved it to the back seat; however, I did not buckle it in. After the Pumpkin farm, we went to Ross; I got some winter clothes, and Josh got a nice vest for church. Josh was hungry (if you couldn't tell from the pictures), so we treated ourselves to Dairy Queen blizzards, and drove back to Laramie.

No comments:

Post a Comment